What Licenses Do I Need

What Registrations Do I Need?

If you use a trade name, you need to file a DBA. 

If you file an LLC or Corporation, you don't need to file a DBA. 

You can file a dba, llc, corporation, and get tax ids and licensing here on this site. 

You will need a business license and an EIN because all businesses need these two. 

In addition, you will need a STATE EIN if you will hire employees. 

Finally, if you sell taxable, tangible items, and you need to buy the wholesale, 

and sell them retail and collect taxes ( you are required to do so ), you need a seller's permit. 

A Free DBA Filing is the same as a Free fictitious firm name filing which is the same as a trade name. 

It is the name of the business when officially registered with the government. 

For example, you do business as a sole proprietor using the business name "National Remodeling Company". 

The business name is called a fictitious firm name (as in Nevada). 

In other states, it goes by a fictitious business name, as in California,

and assumed business name in Texas or Business Name Certificate in New York etc. 

It is also known as Doing Business As ( DBA ) because a business is doing business as a certain name as in the example above. 

The point is that it has to be registered with a DBA certificate and in some cases also

be published in a legal newspaper and a proof of publication obtained. You can obtain it here online.


Legal info & Disclaimer:

FreeBizName.com , and its employees, agents, and representatives, are not affiliated with the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") or any other governmental or regulatory body or agency.

FreeBizName.com provides services to file and obtain legal govrnment documents including Federal Tax Identification Numbers from the IRS as well as other state and federal government agencies.

As a "Third Party Designee, filing agent" pursuant to IRS Form SS-4, paid prepares and submits applications for an Employer Identification Number ("EIN") to the IRS as a representantive of our clients. FreeBizName.com does not verify EIN application submissions and is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. Any individual may obtain and submit his or her own EIN application at no cost through the official IRS website at www.irs.gov.

Use of this website does not make you a client, or a prospective client, of FreeBizName.com. FreeBizName.com makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the information on this website. FreeBizName.com is not liable for any and all damages resulting from the use of, reference to, or reliance on information provided on this website.

It is provided only for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal or accounting advice of any kind. For convenience, this website may contain links to third-party websites. FreeBizName.com does not control, endorse, or assume responsibility for the nature, content, accuracy, and availability of such websites.

FreeBizName.com does not guarantee availability of Website and is not responsible for temporary unavailability due to technical issues. is not a law firm and does not offer legal advice or recommendations. Communications with FreeBizName.comare not protected by attorney-client privilege in any way. If you or another person needs legal assistance must contact an attorney or law firm licensed in his or her jurisdiction.